A project to promote intergenerational cooperation and volunteering between Austria and Slovakia
Co-AGE Volunteers connects people across generations and borders between Austria and Slovakia to address demographic imbalances.
The overall objective of the project is to promote closer/better cross-border cooperation between voluntary organisations, public institutions, civil organisations and other relevant stakeholders in the Slovak-Austrian border region in order to strengthen intergenerational volunteering and to promote volunteer education.
- Promoting cross-border and intergenerational cooperation in the region
- Strengthening the voluntary engagement of young people
- Creation of a cross-border network of volunteers and voluntary organisations
To achieve the project goals
- we develop an intergenerational volunteering strategy and action plan to promote youth volunteering
- we strengthen the capacity of local/regional institutions and specialised organisations (social and health care) to train volunteers
- we create the organisational framework for cross-border volunteering by developing a bilateral model and network of volunteers and volunteer organisations
- The project activities take place mainly in the border area between Austria and Slovakia.
Main results of the project
- Development of the Intergenerational Volunteer Strategy & Action Plan and the ‘CO-AGE Volunteers’ bilateral model to strengthen youth volunteering
- Establishment of the Co-AGE Volunteer Network to strengthen intergenerational and cross-border volunteer cooperation
- Development of a practice-oriented handbook on intergenerational volunteering
- Provision of knowledge content on the e-learning platform moodle
- Establishment of a sustainable cross-border network to strengthen volunteer training in the region
- Conception and implementation of the volunteer training and the volunteer pilot project
- Design of an accompanying mentoring programme
- 16.06.2021 Opening Conference (online)
- tba.: Local public events for young and old (quiz competitions, flea markets, etc.)
- October 2022: Closing Conference in Slovakia
- As an organisation, would you like to become part of the cross-border Co-AGE Volunteers Network and send or host volunteers?
- You would like to become a mentor as a staff member of a social organisation that employs volunteers?
- You would like to work as a volunteer in Austria/Slovakia?